Friday, September 28, 2007

Undead 3 is out and the first reviews are in

After what seems like years--wait a sec, it HAS been years! ;) --the zombie anthologies that accepted a couple of my stories are finally out from Permuted Press, marking the first time I have appeared in an honest to god, ISDN-numbered BOOK. Two of 'em, even! In case my legion of fans wants to get hold of several boxes to distribute as gifts to loved ones, here they are on Amazon:

The Undead vol. 2: Skin & Bones - Containing "Till the Lord Comes" by Scott Standridge
The Undead vol. 3: Flesh Feast - Containing "If You Believe" by Scott Standridge

Also, Flames Rising has posted a review of vol. 3, and while the reviewer doesn't mention author names, he does give a run-down of each story, separating them into Great/Good/Not Good categories, and I'm happy to say he puts "If You Believe" in the top division:

If You Believe: Let's face it, in an anthology about the undead you know - pretty much - what's going to happen in any given tale. Even so I don't want to spoil this one for you as it is a goody with a lot to say about childhood innocence (or lack thereof) and the dangers of religion. Even though this is more of a straight horror tale I felt it deserved a top-spot mention for just being so damn good.


Thank you sir, I'll take it! :) Nice to feel validated. Anyway, with Halloween coming up, what better treat than a horror anthology? Esp. one with Zombies? And me? Order yours today!

2 comments:

ThatGreenyFlower said...

Will you autograph my copies?

Scott said...

But of course! With personal inscriptions! ;)