Thursday, September 6, 2007

Sponsor Me on the Walk to Cure Diabetes!

In the absence of poetry, a plea for cash. :)

As most folks who know me know, I've had type-1 diabetes since I was 17 years old. It sucks, a lot, for all kinds of financial, emotional, career and health-oriented reasons. But it's starting to look as though there might be hope--for the first time experts are seriously predicting we'll see an out-and-out cure in our lifetimes.

Anyway, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation funds an awful lot of research, and every year sponsors the Walk to Cure Diabetes. Most years I participate, as this is obviously a pet cause of mine.

If you can and would like to sponsor me in this walk--$5, $10, whatever you can afford--I'd be eternally grateful. Once I'm cured, I'll buy you a coke. :) You can donate online (it's easy!) by following the link below. Please do.

Sponsor Scott in the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes!

Thanks.

No comments: