Thursday, September 27, 2007

Eclogue, of Sorts

Open me up and let what's outside in;
I can contain it. For today I feel
the bound'ry breaking down between what's real
and what's imagined. Yesterday my skin
fit tight; straight-jacketed, all bound and tied
like some madman enclosed by padded walls
I crouched in fear. But now that prison falls
away, and all the things I've left untried
cry out for doing. Let me gather wind
and leaf, grow florid, flowery, immense
with all Nature in my circumference--
abridge perimeters, abolish end.

Today's a day for limitless expanse,
unproven possibility, and dance.

2 comments:

ThatGreenyFlower said...

Do you mean, "I can't contain it"? It seemed like that's what you meant.

I loved this. Grow immense, my friend.

Scott said...

Greeny,

It was more in the line of "Go ahead and open me, so that I can take in everything that was outside, because right now I feel so expansive that I could contain all that."

I admit though that the referent of "it" might be a little cloudy.

And thanks. :)