Friday, February 22, 2008

Tag, I'm It

Well, I've been tagged with a meme by my good friend ThatGreenyFlower, and since I haven't had much inspiration for anything to post here lately, I figured what the heck.

Here's the meme:

1. Grab the nearest book (that is at least 123 pages long).
2. Open to p. 123.
3. Go down to the 5th sentence.
4. Type in the following 3 sentences.
5. Tag five people.

I'm not going to tag anyone--partly b/c that's not how I roll, and mostly b/c I can't think of 5 people to tag that Greeny hasn't already. But here's my three sentences after the fifth sentence on page 123 of the nearest weird book I have around:

The pain in his stomach seemed to have dulled from the shock, but he knew he desperately needed to haul ass to a hospital.

He staggered forward.

A frightening numbness had crept into his body, and despite the fact he was still barefoot, he quickly waded through the mound of spilled viscera blocking the doorway.

Nice, eh? The book is The Undead, Vol. 3: Flesh Feast (buy it here!), but it's the electronic proof edition, so in the print edition page numbers might be different. Oh, and I've got a story in there, as I think I've mentioned before. This is not from my story, however--it's from "The Finger" by Matt Hults.

Well, that was fun.

No comments: