Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year, New Reviews

Wow, it's 2008 and people are STILL reading The Undead anthologies?

I kid. I'm glad they're creeping across the country like a zombie plague, and I'm even more glad that people are still saying nice things about my stories in them. Like this one, from SkullRing.org:

Scott Standridge’s “’Til the Lord Comes”- A touching tale about a mortuary assistant who is either blessed or cursed with having to talk the dead back onto the slab in time for their funerals. If this bittersweet tale of caring and loss doesn’t get to you, then you have no heart.


You hear that, YOU HEARTLESS BASTARDS? :)

It's become more and more clear to me over the past several months that what I really want, out of writing, out of love, out of sex, out of anything, is an external validation of my personal worth, which I don't get internally because of my extremely impaired self-image. Is that sad and pathetic, or is that pretty normal for artistic types? I'm working up an essay on this subject, though whether I post it or not remains to be seen.

Anyway, happy new year!

Please like me.

1 comment:

ThatGreenyFlower said...

I've known that for a long time, I think.

Validate thyself, my dear one.