Thursday, January 24, 2008

Diana, Discovered

You're lovely and amazing--in your face
is light unlike the heavens' famous glow,
and in your eyes as in infinite space
sparkle such stars as only angels know;

Your body is a playground of the sense
whose secret spaces offer such delights
as grottoes of the Goddess, under dense
green veils where satyrs dance on summer nights;

And I, an Actaeon, drawn by the sounds
of pipes, the sensuous music of your sigh
creep through the bush and, crouched among my hounds,
steal there the naked glory of your thigh--

When years have passed and all my hunts have ceased,
your beauty still will turn me to a beast.

1 comment:

ThatGreenyFlower said...

Absolutely smashing! Sarah is one lucky woman, both to be as beautiful as she is and to be appreciated for it as well.

I wasn't mortified with this one, for some reason...maybe it was just obtuse enough to keep my Inner Puritan under wraps...

xo!