Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ho ho HO-LEE CRAP!

I see these every year, and they never fail to bring a sadistic smile to my face:

Scared of Santa Gallery

Containing many pictures of young children traumatized by their exposure to Jolly Ol' St. Nick.

This year Thea, our three-year-old, was similarly uncooperative when it came to getting a picture made with Santa. The photography told us that for some reason 3 seems to be the age where most kids freak out. At two they're trusting and easy-to-deal-with, at 4 they know enough about the Christmas deal to behave in Santa's lap, but at three...well, see for yourself.

To be fair, though, some of these guys are very scary.

2 comments:

ThatGreenyFlower said...

Well, did you hear about the Santa who used to be a client at my previous workplace? He was a COMPLETE asshole and we all hated him. The year he told me he was the Santa at the local mall was the year I quit taking Evil Genius to see Santa Claus. Any Santa Claus. Anywhere.

Anonymous said...

There's a great picture of this very thing on my friend's blog, http://www.lifeaiknowit.blogspot.com/. Check it out, if you get a minute. It's pretty funny.

I feel terrible laughing at him, but some kids are just SO cute and funny when they cry. I used to have to avert my face every time my little boy cried. He was just so damn cute, I couldn't stand it.