Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Park City Was Not Ready



Yep, that's me in Park City, Utah, getting ready to roll down the slopes like a FREAKIN' AVALANCHE! "Gang way! I don't know how to stop these things!"

Had a blast at the World Horror Convention this weekend at Salt Lake City. Sold some magazines, pressed the flesh, made contacts, got some addresses, bought some books. SLC is a lovely city, absolutely ringed with mountains all snow-capped and beautiful. I wish I'd had more time for sight-seeing, but all in all it was a great weekend. Can't wait to go skiing again.

Oh, and eventually I figured out how to stop. It involves screaming in a very high-pitched voice and throwing yourself into a handy snowbank. FYI.

2 comments:

John Hornor said...

So, you're unmasked. You didn't go to the World Horror Convention because you like Horror, you went to go skiing. Faker. I have you now.

Scott said...

Hey, I'd never been skiing before in my life! And besides, Dave (my editor-in-chief) hadn't either, and he was dead-set on it and insisted I go embarrass myself with him. It was a lot of fun though, and definitely had its own horror element...