Tuesday, November 18, 2008

International Review: Undead Vol. 3

Well, in the U.S. it's all about the poetry these days, but today's vanity-googling turned up a very nice review of Undead Volume 3: Flesh Feast from HorrorScope, a horror website based in Australia. The good news is, they LOVE me down under!

Scott Standridge’s ‘If You Believe’ is a chilling tale that may have you blocking up your chimney this Christmas. It begins gruesomely, and gets worse. Ramsey Campbell would appreciate the sense of dread with which the author manages to imbue one of our beloved festive icons.

I admit I get a really big thrill from the idea of ANYBODY reading what I wrote and liking it, but that thrill is augmented even more by knowing the person enjoying my writing is on the other side of the world--I feel like I'm really reaching out, I guess.

So thanks to my Australian friends--I love your beer!

No comments: