Friday, May 30, 2008

Woohoo! New Undead Review!

Well, new to me, anyway--who knows how long it's actually been posted. I hadn't Googled the Zombie Anthologies in a while, and doing so today what should I turn up but a nice mention for my story "If You Believe" in Flesh Feast: The Undead Vol. 3 at the wonderfully-named site Bookgasm:

With a delightfully delirious EC edge is “If You Believe.” Scott Standridge opens this holiday number with a mall Santa Claus skydiving to the shopping complex parking lot, but splattering on the pavement when his chute fails. A little girl witnessing it is traumatized, thinking Christmas won’t come because Santa is now dead. Her father reassures her it will, if she only believes. Given the book’s theme, you can guess the ending; in a less specific collection, the coda would come as more of a surprise, but the story is still a highlight.

You hear that--a highlight! Thank you sir, I'll take it!

As a writer long frustrated by attempts to get my stories into print, it's both gratifying and a little surreal to discover that there are people out there who aren't related to me actually reading my stuff, and what's more, enjoying it. Yay!

2 comments:

Adam Thornton said...

Congratulations!

ThatGreenyFlower said...

hey, I'M not related, and I read your stuff!! just 'cause i'm not famous or anything... *sobs quietly*

ok, just kidding. truly, congratulations. i always knew fame was coming...just took a bit longer than you'd hoped for it to find you! xo