Friday, November 2, 2007

Friday Silliness

Oedipus, Oedipus,
Queer as a platypus,
Where do your troubles come from?
"Though I hate to be glib,
I cannot tell a fib--
like everyone else: from my Mum."

You, Oedipus, Oedipus,
went there instead of us,
murdered the murderous sphinx!
"But for hubristic sin,
My reward was a pin
and the loss of my sight--man, it stinks."

Oh Oedipus, Oedipus,
Your birth you were bred to cuss,
For riddling you took the first prize.
"But I'd trade my gold throne
for a life lived alone,
a good book, some good wine, and two eyes."

So, Oedipus, Oedipus,
to quote what you said to us,
what have you learned from your life?
"Just try not to be sad,
and be good to your dad,
and don't love your mom more than your wife."

3 comments:

Scott said...

No real point or depth here. Just some fun trying to come up with rhymes. Which, for a Friday, is enough for me.

ThatGreenyFlower said...

Not just coming up with rhymes, but coming up with things that rhyme with Oedipus. Woah.

JonP said...

That was awesome. You had me chuckling loudly until I reached "and two eyes" at which time I had to guffaw.